This will be a 4 race average speed series consisting of one 250 mile, and 3 races from the same 300 mile station. A bird must go to every one of the 4 races to remain in the average speed competition. The 4 races will be flown within a 30 day period starting in September. Each race will be scheduled when the management feels the birds are ready, and the weather is acceptable. Prior to the average speed series there will be a 100, 150 and a 200 mile trainer.
There will be a maximum of 400 birds accepted. The maximum number of birds that one flyer may send is 5.
All fees and payouts will be in US DOLLARS.
The entry fee will be 275 dollars per bird including the perch fee of 100 per bird. 175 towards the prize money.
If you have a free perch fee from last years race, then you only need to send 175 per bird. payment must be sent with the birds.
We will accept birds from April 1st to May 1st. There will be 2 dates for US border crossings Friday March 31st and Friday April 28th. Band numbers for US shippers must be provided to us for US health papers minimum one week prior to each shipping date.
No replacements will be allowed after May 1st. The loft will be closed.
Payment should be made out to Silvercreek Lofts
Canadian flyers ship to:
5406 Wellington Road 39
US flyers ship to:
10632 Jackson Lane Carthage NY 13619
- All birds will be Vaccinated for PMV and treated for Canker and external parasites upon arrival and will be started on a health program. Chip bands will be applied upon arrival and permanent bands will be masked.
- Entry fee is 275 per bird consisting of 100 for perch and 175 for capital prizes
- US birds will be returned at a cost of 125$ for the first bird, plus 20$ for each additional bird. Canadian birds can be picked up at the loft, or shipping arrangements can be made with us. All birds not claimed within 10 days after the final race become the property of Silvercreek Loft.
- 100% of the capital fees collected will be paid out in capital prizes.
60% of the total prize money will go to the average speed awards and will pay out 30 positions.
- 10% of the total prize money will go to each of the 4 average speed races.
- Each of the 4 average speed races will pay out to the first 10 birds THRU THE TRAP.
Ties in the clock will be added together and split.
- Capital prize payouts will be listed once the loft is closed and capital entries have cleared the bank.
- Time out for darkness will be 30 min after sundown and 30 min before sunrise.
The clock will be shut off at the end of the 2nd day.
- If a bird does not clock due to piggybacking or chip failure and the management can verify that the bird was on a drop, it will be given a time equal to the last bird in the drop.
- Unikon clocking system will be used and the race will be on Wincompanion for live results.
- The race will be managed by Dan Horner and Bill Weima and the birds will be flown on the Silvercreek loft racing program. All decisions made by the management will be final.
Visitors are allowed by appointment but no one will be allowed inside the loft, or to handle any birds.