This will be a 4 race average speed series where the birds will fly a combined distance of 1200 miles or slightly more. There will be one 250, 2 times 300 and one 350. A bird must go to every one of the 4 races to remain in the average speed competition. The 4 races will be flown approximately within a 30 day period starting in September.
Training will be the same as last year. We put 3000 miles of training on these birds. I don’t think you will find any OLR training harder than we do. These birds that fly this series are really good pigeons.
The birds will be flown in a couple local open races if the weather looks good. The entry fee for these open races will be paid out of the perch fees. If any of the Quad birds win prize money it will be paid to the team owner.
Prior to the average speed series there will be a 100, 150 and a 200 mile trainer.
There will be a maximum of 240 birds accepted.
THERE WILL BE 3 PRIZES FOR THE FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD PLACE AVERAGE SPEED BIRDS. FIRST PLACE WINS 50%, SECOND PLACE WINS 30% AND THIRD PLACE WINS 20% Maximum prize example. 40 teams of 6 is 240 birds. 40 team at 250 Canadian is 10K, or approx 8K in US.
Entry fee in US dollars. 6 BIRDS FOR 800. This will be 600 for perch fee and 200 towards the prize. Individual bird entry 175$
Entry fee in Canadian dollars. 6 birds for 1000. This will be 750 for perch and 250 towards the prize. Individual bird entry 225$
Payment must be sent with the birds.
We will accept birds from April 1st to May 15th. There will be 3 dates for US border crossings Friday March 30 and Friday April 28th.
Band numbers for US shippers must be provided to us for US health papers minimum one week prior to each shipping date.
No replacements will be allowed after May 15th. The loft will be closed.
Payment should be made out to Silvercreek Lofts
- All birds will be Vaccinated for PMV and treated for Canker and external parasites upon arrival and will be started on a health program. Chip bands will be applied after the intake is closed.
- US birds will be returned at a cost of 125$ for the first bird, plus 20$ for each additional bird. Canadian birds can be picked up at the loft, or shipping arrangements can be made with us. All birds not claimed within 10 days after the final race become the property of Silvercreek Loft.
- 100% of the capital fees collected will be paid out in capital prizes.
- Capital prize payouts will be listed once the loft is closed and capital entries have cleared the bank.
- Time out for darkness will be 30 min after sundown and 30 min before sunrise.
The clock will be shut off at the end of the 2nd day.
- If a bird does not clock due to piggybacking or chip failure and the management can verify that the bird was on a drop, it will be given a time equal to the last bird in the drop.
- Unikon clocking system will be used and the race will be on Wincompanion for live results.
- The race will be managed by Dan Horner and Bill Weima and the birds will be flown on the Silvercreek loft racing program. All decisions made by the management will be final.
Canadian flyers ship to:
5406 Wellington Road 39
US flyers ship to:
10632 Jackson Lane Carthage NY 13619
Visitors are allowed by appointment but no one will be allowed inside the loft, or to handle any birds.